Jawaharlal Nehru Library, Dr. HariSingh Gour Vishwavidyalaya Sagar (Central University) is the oldest and Largest University Library in situated in Sagar District of Madhya Pradesh. It is Located at the Centre of the University Teaching Departments to help the users for better and regular use of the Library. The Library has 3 Story's Stack area designed to accommodate 3.5 lacs volumes and 500 readers with an extension wing.
The library has more than 3.0 lacs books and bound journals in its collection besides a good collection of rare manuscripts and reference books. Present membership of the library is 5052. This comprise 961 staff members, 3942 students 736 research scholars and 140 others. An average visitor per day in the library is over Four hundred.
Besides these, library has also Internet & e-mail facilities for its users (only for teachers and research scholars) the database of Library holdingsis in progress and about more than 1 lac entries have been prepared till date.
The Library is updating itself and is fully equipped with modern an communication System. INFLIBNET has provided amount of Rs. 50.00 lacs and it helps in the process of library automation which is in progress.
New Arrivals: The Library has following new Arrivals
The Central Library is housed in a three storied building having a three layer stag room which is contain more than three lac books, a main circulation counter, reading hall along with separate reference halls for Science and Humanities.
There are near about 5000 members enrolled in library from faculties and students, they may use the library services on all working days from 9.00 am to 6.00 pm
Main Sections in the Library:
For smooth functioning and better service of the library, the Library has the following Sections to look after its proper management.
(1) Acquisition and Account Section: This section looks after selection and procurement of documents and payment procedure.
(2) Technical Section: This section plays an important role for processing of books such as classification, cataloguing and related process of the books for proper arrangement and retrieval of documents as per demand of users.
(3) Periodicals & Theses Section: Procurement and payment process of periodicals are done in this Section and theses are (PhD. awarded by this university) are also kept in this section.
(4) Reference Section: This Section has about 30,000 volumes, which are valuable and useful for the users. These books are not issued. These books can only be issued on specific request for certain period.
(5) Issue-Return Section: This Section issues and returned deposit the books. Two books are issued to under Graduate Student for 7 days. Four books are issued to Post Graduate Students for 15 days and Teachers and Staff Members can get books issued for one month.
(6) Text book and News Papers Section: This Section is responsible to keep text book, for undergraduate Students. It also has a wing for unsolved question papers and newspapers. Two person are looking after this section.
(7)Binding Section:This Section binds and repairs the books that are damaged during transaction.
(8) Reprographic Section: This Section gives the facility for photo coping of the relevant library Books and journals as personal needs of users.
(9) Computer Section: E-resources along with E-journal and E-book etc are accessed on the NKN network. Internet and e-mail facilities are also being provided.
(10) Study Center: Nearly three-fourth students and Research Scholars of the university resides in town. Looking the needs of this large section, we have opened Study Center in the heart of the town for providing them reading facility.
LIBRARY PROFESSIONALS / STAFF:
The following officers and staff members are working in the Central Library:
The personal collection and publications of Dr. HariSingh Gour are kept in Separate section called Personal Library & Publications, Dr. H.S.Gour. It has a precious collections of law Books. The Most important books, such as the laws of England and English reports of earlier times, etc. are also available in his personal library. The publications of Dr. Gour and his precious personal collections of books and journals are being maintained in this section.